While Madrid is already far less expensive than other big cities such as London and NYC, things still add up. Fortunately for you, if you are teaching through the TtMadrid program, you will have a student ID card. If you flash it in the right places, it will save you tons! Here at TtMadrid we have compiled a list of discounts in Madrid. Yay!
- Metro & Bus- If you are under the age of 26 you can apply for an Abono Joven. It is 20 euro!
- Alsa- Offer discounted fairs to students and customers under the age of 25.
- Museums &Public Attractions
- Students can find free/drastically reduced tickets to Museums and Public Attractions such as; The Reina Sofia, Prado, Palacio Real, Museo Arqueológico, just to name a few.
- Movies Theaters
- On Wednesdays, most theatres are only 5€.
- The Teatro Real (Metro: Opera) offers a 90% discount on Sundays to customers under the age of 30 if you buy the tickets 4 hours before the performance.
- Depending on your area many community events also offer student discounts. Just ask, ask, ASK!
- This area varies but you are most likely to find the best deals around the university because thats where the students are. Most places have promotonal signs near the checkout or on the menu. If you don´t see anything, ask!
As we discover more great deals we will post them here. So check back often and if you have any suggestions we left off feel free to let us know in the comments section!
Contributing Writer: Monica Bixby