(includes a 1-year University student visa to live, study and work in Spain)
This University Study Abroad Program (Título Propio de Certificate in Spanish Culture and Advanced TEFL) is perfect for those that want to teach English in Madrid, Spain, immerse themselves in the Spanish culture and learn Spanish, as well as earning two TEFL qualifications that are valid worldwide. This is for non-EU candidates that will require a visa to live and work in Spain.
The University Europea del Atlantico has chosen to work with TtMadrid and LAE Madrid (our sister Spanish school) because of our extensive experience of offering highly valued courses in the teacher trainer and language sector. You do not need to have any previous experience teaching English, or speak Spanish, to do this course.
Your year course includes an accredited TEFL certificate, and advanced TEFL Certificate, a ton of Spanish classes and the ability to get paid work placements as part of your course. We have an extensive network to organize these placements, regardless of your preference to work with children, adults, business or general English. Our University Program is divided into distinct parts: You start off with our intensive TEFL Course (4 weeks), where you will gain the skills to teach English as a Foreign Language.
Next, you will have 4 weeks of Spanish and cultural classes at LAE Madrid, our Spanish school which is an Instituto Cervantes-accredited school, and the rest of the year, you will enjoy Spanish classes in the evening so you can really improve your Spanish while working as an English teacher in Madrid. Your Advanced TEFL Certificate course begins after your Spanish course and is online so that you can combine it with your teaching placements.
Why is our TEFL program the best in Spain?
Paid teaching in Madrid with our TEFL program and visa
We are the only TEFL program in Spain that can offer you legal, straightforward, paid work placements with your visa, where you can work as many hours as you like, anywhere you like. Our program gives you absolute flexibility to decide what type of teaching is right for you. We will help you prepare your CV and support you throughout the process, as well as advising you about the market and specific companies.
Finding a work placement after your TEFL course could not be easier – our support team puts you in touch with over 300 agencies and academies so that you can build the perfect timetable, and our reputation for training the best quality English teachers means that you’ll be top of the list when it comes to job offers. We help you with all of the paperwork for your paid work placements and keep in touch throughout your program.
*You will receive daily alerts for as long as you would like with the top jobs in the market!*
Your Advanced Teaching Certificate
With your program, you’ll receive an Advanced Certificate in TEFL through the Universidad Europea del Atlántico and receive extensive training throughout your year’s program. These Ongoing Professional Development courses include online teaching, teaching business English and also teaching Young Learners.
Learn Spanish and immerse yourself in the culture
Your Spanish courses are taken with Instituto Cervantes-accredited Spanish academy, LAE Madrid, the leading Spanish school in Madrid. Your course will include 4 weeks of intensive Spanish classes (20 hours per week, plus cultural activities) and Spanish classes in the evening for the rest of the year. We designed the course this way so that you are able to give your Spanish a big push to begin your time in Spain, and then continue to study while you’re working throughout the rest of your year.
What does our TEFL and Visa program include:
- 4-week intensive TEFL course in Madrid (which is the recognized qualification for Teaching English as a Second Language is accredited by IATQuO)
- A year’s visa, including support with paperwork and guidance through the whole process
- 4 weeks of Intensive Spanish Classes (20 hours per week), plus cultural activities and workshops at our Instituto Cervantes accredited Spanish Academy), LAE Madrid, which is located on campus
- 7 months of evening Spanish classes at LAE Madrid
- 7 months of Ongoing Professional Development
- Our premium employment support service to help you find legal, paid, work placements
- Lifetime assistance and support, from when you first get in touch and for as long as you want to stay in touch. We have students still coming to us for advice 10 years later!
€3.600* (spread over 3 payments)
- €800 deposit
- €2400 four weeks before the start of the course
- €400 final payment during the first week of the course
* go to www.xe.com for up to date exchange rates
Ask Helen for more detailed info.
Helen is our Academic Program Manager and she knows everything there is to know about visas, TEFL courses, and Spain. She has helped hundreds of students through the visa process so knows exactly how it works. Once you get here you need to have a couple of appointments to finish off the process and we guide you through those too. Even opening a bank account is easy as the manager of the local branch comes to meet you during the first week of the course to get you sorted!
- Email Helen with as many questions as you have, at email@example.com
- If you are ready to apply, you’ll be able to fill out an application form that will be sent to you via email.
- Helen will organize a Skype interview with you. This will give you an opportunity to go through any outstanding questions and to see if this adventure is the right adventure for you.
- You will receive our acceptance email (or a reason why you’ve not been accepted onto the course) and you will reserve your place with an €800 deposit.
- This is the perfect time to break the news to friends and family (we find that having tissues and chocolate at the ready)!
- Start packing for your adventure!
Check out our blog about living and working in Madrid, as well as lots on Teaching English as a Foreign Language.