(1-year student visa to live, study and work in Spain)
Who is this course designed for?
This course is designed for those students who really want to immerse themselves in the Spanish culture and have a profound study abroad experience. You will have extensive Spanish classes throughout the year and with day to day interaction in Spanish, you will see a massive improvement in your Spanish, regardless of the level you begin with.
Overview of the Course
You start off with our intensive TEFL Course (4 weeks) where you will gain the skills to become an amazing English teacher. Next you will have 36 weeks of Spanish and cultural classes at our Spanish school which is an Instituto Cervantes Accredited School to get your language skills tip top. The Spanish classes are in small groups and will allow you to progress at a very fast rate.
As with all students on a student visa, you have the right to request permission to work for up to 20 hours a week to fit around your studies. We help you find teaching work at companies, schools and academies that follow the correct legal procedures so the whole year is stress-free and fulfilling. We have 100% job placement success and you will receive daily alerts during your year in Spain with the best job offers on the market.
One year’s visaworking alongside your studies
Within this program, and as with all students, you have the right to request permission to work for up to 20 hours a week that need to fit around your studies.
At TtMadrid, we help you make the most of your study time in Spain by finding you teaching work with companies offering legal contractual agreements which are duly presented to the appropriate Government authorities. We have 100% job placement success and you will receive daily alerts during your year in Spain with the best job offers on the market.
What does the program include
- 4-week intensive TEFL course in Madrid (which is the recognized qualification for Teaching English as a Second Language is accredited by IATQuO)
- 36 weeks of Spanish (10 hours p/w), plus cultural activities and workshops at our Instituto Cervantes accredited Spanish Academy), LAEMadrid, which is located on campus
- Support throughout the year with legal appointments, advice and a home away from home
- Our premium teaching job placement service.
Plus lots more! Ask Helen for more detailed info.
The boring admin bit
Whilst many citizens of non-European countries (such as the USA) have the right to come to Spain as a tourist this is only for 3 months. If you wish to LIVE in Spain for up to a year to really experience the culture, to travel around Europe and learn Spanish you need a visa that allows you to live and study here. Our Spanish & Teaching Study Abroad Program meets the criteria needed to obtain a Student Visa.
At times the visa process can seem a little complicated but we have helped hundreds of graduates go through this before and we will support you every step of the way. We also match you with a graduate who has been through the same consulate as you so they can give you advice and tips.
Helen’s advice: get organized and keep communicating with me! Helen has helped hundreds of grads through the visa process so she knows how it works. Once you get here you need to have a couple of appointments to finish off the process and we guide you through those too. Even opening a bank account is easy as the manager from the local branch comes to meet you during the first week of the course to get you all sorted!
3.600€* (spread over 3 payments)
- 800€ deposit
- 2300€ four weeks before the start of the course
- 500€ final payment during the first week of the course
* go to www.xe.com for up to date exchange rates
So what is the next step on this TEFL adventure?
- See the booklet for more information
- Email Helen, our LETS Academic Program Manager, with as many questions as you have at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are ready to get started, fill out an application form and Helen will get it straight to our Director of Studies TEFL and our Spanish Director of Studies.
- Helen will organize a Skype interview with you. This will give you an opportunity to go through any outstanding questions and to see if this adventure is the right adventure for you.
- You will receive our acceptance email (or a reason why not) and you can pay your 800€ deposit.
- This is the perfect time to break the news to friends and family (we find that having tissues, chocolate, alcohol and a list of reasons why you should do it at the ready)!
- Start saving for your adventure!