TtMadrid TEFL Course in Madrid Terms and Conditions
By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree to the following:
- The application that I have completed is true to the best of my knowledge. I have fully disclosed all relevant information that may affect my ability to complete the course. I understand that failure to do so may result in my place being withdrawn and TtMadrid accepts no responsibility for failing the course if I have not fully disclosed all relevant information.
- I hereby state that the personal information I have provided on the TtMadrid course application form is true and accurate and does not misrepresent me in any way to TtMadrid. I also state that the written material in answer to the essay questions required for acceptance onto the TtMadrid TEFL course is my own work.
- I have disclosed all information relating to criminal proceedings that I have been involved in or are currently involved in. This includes my time up to completion of the TtMadrid course. Should I be involved in any criminal proceedings during the course, TtMadrid has the right to terminate my course immediately.
- I have disclosed all medical conditions (including mental illness and any medication I am taking) that could affect my ability to complete the course or fully attend and I have stated any condition which could affect the other trainees on the course. I have also disclosed on my application form any learning impairments or special learning requirements which could have an impact on my ability to study.
- Failure to declare such medical conditions could result in TtMadrid withdrawing my offer of acceptance. Should TtMadrid withdraw the offer of acceptance, any money I have already given to TtMadrid will be subject to the Cancellation clause as set out in this agreement.
- If I am forced to terminate the course for reasons relating to an undeclared criminal or medical issue, I will be disqualified and I will not be entitled to a refund of any monies paid and will not be entitled to a transfer to another course.
- I agree that in an emergency, TtMadrid has permission to contact the person I have listed as my emergency contact. I confirm that these details are correct and up-to-date and I will notify TtMadrid of any changes to these details.
- I understand that my place on the course is not guaranteed until I have paid a deposit of 300€ for the TEFL-only course and 800€ for the Certificate in Spanish Culture and Advanced TEFL Program. My deposit is non-refundable should I withdraw from the course except if my visa is denied due to the accreditation of the program and I provide the denial letter to TtMadrid.
- If I need to change the start date of my course more than 28 days before the start date, I agree to pay €50 transfer fee.
- If I withdraw from the course with 28 days notice or more, I will receive a refund of the course fees less the deposit. In addition, I will be liable for any bank charges that are incurred.
- If I withdraw from the course with less than 28 days notice then I will not receive a refund. I will, however, be able to transfer my course fees (less the deposit) over to another course, subject to availability and never for an August and September course. To join another course I will be required to pay an additional deposit of 800€.
- I agree to pay the second payment of my course fees no later than 30 days before the start date of my course and the final payment the first week of the course. Failure to do so may result in a loss of deposit and my place being given up to another student.
- The sum total of promotional or other discounts cannot exceed 100€. Online or other discounts are not cumulative.
- I agree to attend all timetabled hours and to arrive promptly for each class. Failure to do so could result in failure of the course. TtMadrid agrees to take special circumstances into consideration when a valid medical certificate or proof of absence is presented but are only eligible to re-offer classes missed when availability exists on another course (subject to clause 15).
- I agree to conduct myself in a professional and respectful manner whilst attending the TtMadrid course both to my trainers and my peers and any other person associated with TtMadrid. Failure to do so will result in my dismissal from the course and the loss of my course fees.
- Should I fail the course, TtMadrid agree to give me the fair opportunity to retake the course and/or elements as agreed with the designated IATQuO moderator at no additional cost (save for a 100€ moderation fee, should I have to re-sit moderation). This offer is subject to fulfillment of clause 13 and I must have demonstrated that I have completed adequate self-study time as recommended by the trainers throughout the course. If sufficient proof can be provided, and subject to a final decision from the accrediting body I will be given only one more opportunity to complete the course or further course elements. Should I fail again I will not be entitled to retake or receive a refund.
- I agree to take out, at my own expense, health and/or travel insurance that will provide all coverage required in the event of illness, accident, or death. I will ensure that the insurance I take out will cover me against all medical expenses (including emergency evacuation), and all costs for making necessary arrangements in the case of my death. I also agree to purchase supplementary insurance on my own, as may be necessary in order to secure my entry, extended stay, and general well being or as may be required by the law of the country in which I will reside.
- If I am attaining my visa through any of TtMadrid’s programs that include Spanish classes, I understand that I have until the date that my visa expires to use those classes. I cannot claim those classes at a later date and if I do not use those classes I forfeit them and will not receive any money as compensation.
- I understand that the terms of my Spanish classes may change throughout my visa based on the changes in policy of the Spanish school and I am not entitled to any refund because of those changes.
- I understand that once I start the TtMadrid TEFL course, should I choose to leave the course without completion, I am not entitled to a refund of any kind. I will not be able to claim to have a TEFL certificate or have completed my TEFL course, and not use TtMadrid as a reference. If my visa has been attained via TtMadrid’s partner institutions, the authorities will be made aware and my visa will no longer be valid.
- I understand that once I arrive in Spain with a visa through TtMadrid, I am unable to receive a refund on my course or Spanish program. If I remain legally in Spain then I am still able to take the Spanish classes included in my visa program.
- TtMadrid is not responsible for: any aspect of my health (physical or mental), injury or death at any time prior to, during, or after completion of the course.
- I agree to allow TtMadrid to use comments I make in my end of course evaluation in any form of publicity.
- Additional course benefits are subject to change without notification based on yearly CPI increases and market changes.
- All materials supplied during my TEFL and/or Spanish courses are subject to copyright law and cannot be used for commercial purposes without express permission of TtMadrid.
25.1. The accommodation will be booked for one day before the student’s course starts to one day after the course ends. If the student wants to come earlier or leave before those designated times, then they should let the school know and an alternative solution may be found.
25.2. If any items break, the student(s) will be charged to replace that/those item(s). If there is no direct person responsible for the damage, the cost of repairs will be equally divided among the students sharing the apartment.
25.3. If a serious disciplinary offense occurs or if a student shows repeated bad behavior, the student will be evicted with no possibility of being refunded.
25.4. If a student decides to postpone or cancel his/her course, the general accommodation cancellation policy is still valid as per 2.12 of these terms and conditions.
25.5. TtMadrid reserves the right to change their students’ accommodation if necessary.
25.6. There will be a deposit payment of 60€ for accommodation in shared flats and host families for less than a month’s stay.
25.7. For stays of more than a month, students will be required to pay a €300 refundable deposit. This deposit must be paid in advance to reserve your room.
25.7.1 When the accommodation stay comes to an end and TtMadrid has received the keys and has confirmed that there were no damages to the accommodation, the deposit will be reimbursed in the same method of payment in seven to 10 working days after checkout.
25.6.1. Part or all of the deposit will be forfeited if the accommodation is not left clean and tidy, the student caused loud disturbances, and/or if he or she damaged any furniture or installation in the apartment, or there is any failure to pay monies due.
25.8. If you book accommodation for a period of more than one month, as well as 300€ deposit to book, you will be required to pay the first month’s rent before entering the accommodation. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of your booking.
25.9. TtMadrid does not guarantee the ability to offer the type of accommodation that the student applied for in the case of the reservation having been made within one week or less, before the start of the course.
25.10. If a student is not satisfied with their accommodation, they may submit a request for a change of the assigned accommodation, explaining why they want to be reassigned and what they would like in their future accommodation. TtMadrid will look into the case, and if necessary, will look for another accommodation with the same characteristics as previously stated in the contract. If the student would like to request accommodation with different characteristics to that agreed initially, then the student will be charged for the price difference. The student will only be allowed to change accommodation once without incurring extra fees.
25.11. Unless the student is legally considered a minor in the country of Spain, the host family will not be held liable.
25.12. The cancellation policy for accommodation with TtMadrid is as follows:
25.12.1. Before arrival:
25.12.1.a. Applicable for bookings of one week or less: If the cancellation is made one week or less before arrival the deposit of €60 will be retained. If the cancellation is made before this time, the deposit will be returned in full.
25.12.1.b. Applicable for bookings of between one week and one month: If the cancellation is made two weeks or less before arrival, the deposit of €60 will be retained. If the cancellation is made before this time, the deposit will be returned in full.
25.12.1.c. Applicable for bookings of one month or more: If the cancellation is made one month or less before arrival, the deposit of €300 will be retained. If the cancellation is made before this time, the deposit will be returned in full.
25.12.2. After arrival:
18.104.22.168. Applicable for bookings of between one week and one month: If you cancel the booking during your stay, the entire booking amount will be retained. Exceptions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
22.214.171.124. Applicable for bookings of one month or more: If you cancel the booking during your stay, you must give one month’s notice before the checkout date. Failure to do so will result in retainment of the €300 deposit.
25.13. Students arriving between 6pm on Saturday and 9am on Mondays, on public holidays in Spain and between 9pm and 8.30am on weekdays will be charged a non-refundable fee of €20.
25.14. TtMadrid is in no way responsible for any accommodation agreed between providers and students outside its own accommodation service.