TtMadrid TEFL Course in Madrid
Terms and Conditions
By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree to the following:
- The application that I have completed is true to the best of my knowledge. I have fully disclosed all relevant information that may affect my ability to complete the course. I understand that failure to do so may result in my place being withdrawn and TtMadrid accepts no responsibility for failing the course if I have not fully disclosed all relevant information.
- I hereby state that the personal information I have provided on the TtMadrid course application form is true and accurate and does not misrepresent me in any way to TtMadrid. I also state that the written material in answer to the essay questions required for acceptance onto the TtMadrid TEFL course is my own work.
- I have disclosed all information relating to criminal proceedings that I have been involved in or are currently involved in. This includes my time up to completion of the TtMadrid course. Should I be involved in any criminal proceedings during the course, TtMadrid has the right to terminate my course immediately.
- I have disclosed all medical conditions (including mental illness and any medication I am taking) that could affect my ability to complete the course or fully attend and I have stated any condition which could affect the other trainees on the course. I have also disclosed on my application form any learning impairments or special learning requirements which could have an impact on my ability to study.
- Failure to declare such medical conditions could result in TtMadrid withdrawing my offer of acceptance. Should TtMadrid withdraw the offer of acceptance, any money I have already given to TtMadrid will be subject to the Cancellation clause as set out in this agreement.
- I agree that in an emergency, TtMadrid has permission to contact the person I have listed as my emergency contact. I confirm that these details are correct and up-to-date and I will notify TtMadrid of any changes to these details.
- I agree to attend all timetabled hours and to arrive promptly for each class. Failure to do so could result in failure of the course. TtMadrid agrees to take special circumstances into consideration when a valid medical certificate or proof of absence is presented but are only eligible to re-offer classes missed when availability exists on another course (subject to clause 15).
- I agree to conduct myself in a professional and respectful manner whilst attending the TtMadrid course both to my trainers and my peers and any other person associated with TtMadrid. Failure to do so will result in my dismissal from the course and the loss of my course fees.
- Should I fail the course, TtMadrid agree to give me the fair opportunity to retake the course and/or elements as agreed with the designated IATQuO moderator at no additional cost (save for a 100€ moderation fee, should I have to re-sit moderation). This offer is subject to fulfillment of clause 13 and I must have demonstrated that I have completed adequate self-study time as recommended by the trainers throughout the course. If sufficient proof can be provided, and subject to a final decision from the accrediting body I will be given only one more opportunity to complete the course or further course elements. Should I fail again I will not be entitled to retake or receive a refund.
- I agree to take out, at my own expense, health and/or travel insurance that will provide all coverage required in the event of illness, accident, or death. I will ensure that the insurance I take out will cover me against all medical expenses (including emergency evacuation), and all costs for making necessary arrangements in the case of my death. I also agree to purchase supplementary insurance on my own, as may be necessary in order to secure my entry, extended stay, and general well being or as may be required by the law of the country in which I will reside.
- TtMadrid is not responsible for: any aspect of my health (physical or mental), injury or death at any time prior to, during, or after completion of the course.
- I agree to allow TtMadrid to use comments I make in my end of course evaluation in any form of publicity. I agree that unless explicitly stated to the team at TtMadrid in writing that my image may be used for publicity purposes.
- Additional course benefits are subject to change without notification based on yearly CPI increases and market changes.
- All materials supplied during my TEFL and/or Spanish courses are subject to copyright law and cannot be used for commercial purposes without express permission of TtMadrid.
- I understand that my place on the course is not guaranteed until I have paid a deposit of 300€ for the TEFL-only course and 800€ for the Certificate in Spanish Culture and Advanced TEFL Program.
- Where an enrollment letter is required, I agree to pay a further €1200 towards the total cost of the programme, in time to receive the letter for my visa application.
- I agree to pay the final installment of my course fees no later than 30 days before the start date of my course. Failure to do so may result in a loss of deposit and my place being given up to another student.
- The sum total of promotional or other discounts cannot exceed 100€. Online or other discounts are not cumulative.
- If I need to change the start date of my course more than 28 days before the start date, I agree to pay a €50 transfer fee. If I do not give 28 days notice I will lose my deposit.
- If I am forced to terminate the course for reasons relating to an undeclared criminal or medical issue, I will be disqualified and I will not be entitled to a refund of any monies paid and will not be entitled to a transfer to another course.
- My deposit is non-refundable should I withdraw from the course, except if my visa is denied due to the accreditation of the program and I provide the official denial letter (stamped, signed and dated) to TtMadrid. See SECTION 20 for more information about visa courses.
- If I withdraw from the course with 28 days notice or more, I will receive a refund of the course fees less the deposit (TEFL only €300, Visa €2000). In addition, I will be liable for any bank charges that are incurred.
- If I withdraw from the course with less than 28 days notice then I will not receive a refund. I will, however, be able to transfer my course fees (less the deposit) over to another course, subject to availability and never for an August and September course. To join another course I will be required to pay an additional deposit of €300 TEFL only/800€ visa.
- All refunds will be made within 15 days after the request. In order to comply with money laundering legislation, refunds and transfers can only be made to the person who booked/paid for the course. The refund will be made by the same means in which the payment was received.
- If I am attaining my visa through any of TtMadrid’s programs that include Spanish classes, I understand that I have until the date that my visa expires to use those classes. I cannot claim those classes at a later date and if I do not use those classes I forfeit them and will not receive any money as compensation.
- I understand that the terms of my Spanish classes may change throughout my visa based on the changes in policy of the Spanish school and I am not entitled to any refund because of those changes.
- I understand that once I start the TtMadrid TEFL course, should I choose to leave the course without completion, I am not entitled to a refund of any kind. I will not be able to claim to have a TEFL certificate or have completed my TEFL course, and not use TtMadrid as a reference. If my visa has been attained via TtMadrid’s partner institutions, the authorities will be made aware and my visa will no longer be valid.
- Once TtMadrid has received the required upfront payment, the invitation letter (certifying enrollment) will be sent to the by email and post, if requested. If I would like to have the Enrollment Confirmation Letter sent by courier (such as DHL), I must pay for these costs in advance.
- If I have requested and been issued with Enrollment Confirmation Letters which could be used for visa or visa renewal (NIE) I must ensure that my classes have been taken in full by the end date stated in the Enrollment Confirmation Letter as these classes can not under any circumstances be postponed to future periods or refunded. If I do not take my classes within the period of my Visa nor TtMadrid, nor its Spanish partner school are in any way responsible for refunding or offering these classes at a later date.
- Should I wish to change my course before I start and before I get my visa paperwork (from a visa program to a TEFL-only or Virtual TEFL programs), I agree that I will pay a €200 Visa administration charge, and whatever monies are leftover can be used towards the TEFL-only or Virtual TEFL programs.
- I understand that if I cancel my course or return home once my Visa program has started, or I’ve been given an Enrollment Confirmation letter, I will not be eligible for a refund.
- TtMadrid is in no way responsible for any accommodation agreed between providers and students outside its own accommodation service.
22. Coronavirus Measures at Tt Madrid until further notice:
Tt Madrid adheres to current Covid-19 guidelines as laid out by the Comunidad de Madrid.