If you’re a non-native speaker of English looking for a career change or would like to travel and work anywhere in the world, a TEFL Certificate could be the answer. With a rise in the learning of English as a foreign language, the number of non-natives becoming qualified in TEFL has also risen.
TtMadrid has seen hundreds of non-native students achieve its TEFL Certificate, from all over the world, including Russia, Spain, Croatia and Holland.
Will I get a job as a non-native?
The answer is YES! You will find a job after the course. When you complete the course you have access to the agencies, academies and schools we work with. We have 100% successful job placement.
“Many people are worried that they won’t get a job after the course. After working in companies like Telefonica, Real Madrid, Thyssen Krupp, Deloitte and many others, I can assure you that there is a demand for non-natives in Madrid.” – TtMadrid graduate, Filip Liovic (Croatian).
How could you use a TEFL course as a non-native?
Our graduates have found work in many of the Fortune 500 companies in Spain, or have even moved to different countries and taught English throughout the world. Our accredited TEFL course is recognized worldwide.
What support do we offer for non-natives?
We will support you through the whole process and offer additional support for non-natives with pronunciation and general speaking.
Before joining the course you will be given a level test by the Director of Studies, who will identify areas for improvement and assess your level for both the course and finding work afterwards. Applicants should have a Proficient level of English.
What advantages do non-native teachers have over native teachers?
Non-native speakers have an excellent knowledge of grammar and understand how to learn it, knowing exactly what students need to progress.
“Among other advantages, I studied with 18 different people which exposed me to all types of accents in my group. It meant that I made friends and was able to practice my English with people from all over the world.”
What our TEFL course offers:
- Tuition for 4 weeks and an accredited TEFL certificate
- Guaranteed job interviews with top agencies in Madrid
- Our premium CV/resume service that connects you with over 300 agencies
- Career advice including our interviewing skills workshop
- Welcome lunch and farewell party
- Internet and wifi access
- All course materials
- Credit for 300 photocopies
- Use of school facilities after the course
- Support with organizing your legal paperwork on arrival
- Support for organizing accommodation in Madrid, bank accounts, mobiles, etc.
- Student card to take advantage of the discounts in the neighborhood
If you already already have an online TEFL certificate but would like to get teaching practices and get support in your transition moving to Spain, we offer the Lifeistyle EU plan which includes:
How much does it cost and what does it include?
- 4 weeks part-time Spanish classes (3 hours per week) at La Aventura Española
- Help finding accommodation
- Help buying a phone
- Help setting up a bank account
- Making your appointments for your NIE number and provide you with the packs, forms and maps (this is your legal identity number in Spain and you need it to get a contract, flat, etc.)
- Helping you with the forms for your Social Security number
- CV review workshop with one of the trainers
- Advice about the pay, work, conditions, interviews, etc.
- Organizing as many interviews as you need to get a full-time schedule (25 hours)
- Daily job alert emails with the latest teaching positions in Madrid
- Sending your CV to over 250 schools, academies and agencies
- Use of our school, library, computers, etc. for preparing and planning your lessons
- Introduction to recent graduates who will become your initial support network (we have a fun and lively graduate network!)
What is my next step?
Contact our TEFL Course Manager on [email protected] and she will organize a time to have a chat with you and send you some more information. Helen is lovely and really helpful so ask her as many questions as you can think of!